The J. V. Fletcher Library sponsors Link to Literacy, a library-based English as a Second Language and Basic Literacy tutorial program. Tutors are trained on site, then matched with individuals seeking to improve their English reading and/or writing skills.
Through this program, we:
- Provide tutors for Westford residents/workers seeking help in speaking or reading English as a second language.
- Provide teaching materials from our library holdings.
- Provide additional materials from a special Link to Literacy collection held at the library.
- Support tutors through training, communication and exchanges of ideas and experiences.
- Maintain a current list of tutor/student match-ups and a list of people awaiting help.
If you are interested in becoming a student or volunteering as a tutor, email firstname.lastname@example.org