Curbside Pickup Service: Please place your selections ( Although inter-library delivery is now available, items will be placed in quarantine for one week so please anticipate delays.) on hold through the Library Catalog. You will be notified when your order is ready for pick up and may come any time during our pick up hours.
Curbside Pickup is available Monday-Saturday from 10:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m. and Monday- Thursday from 6:30-8:30 p.m. ! Please do not come until you receive a notification that your order is ready. When you arrive, please call 978-399-2300 (due to heavy call usage, we have updated the number to one that rings at multiple desks). A masked staff member will place your order under the rear portico. We also ask that patrons wear a mask.
If you have questions or need assistance placing your holds, please call us at 978-399-2300 or send us an email at email@example.com.
“Book the Browsing Tent” : Are you looking for new titles for you and/or your family? Do you miss browsing the stacks of the Library? Although our main building isn’t open to the public yet, our browsing tent will open the week of July 13! Look for the form on our website and submit it to schedule a time to come and browse the selections personally picked for you by our staff. The form will inquire about your reading tastes or you can simply have us “surprise you” with some staff recommendations. We will also offer “Book Bundles” for children and adults. Choose a category and we will supply with a “bundle” of books. One of our Library staff will meet you in the tent with personally curated titles just for you! Complete the form, submit it, and then a staff member will reach out to schedule your appointed time. Fifteen minute appointments will be available for individuals and thirty minute appointments for families. To comply with Covid-19 safety re-opening guidelines, only one individual or one family will be scheduled at a time in the tent. This service will be available Monday – Friday from 10-4. We can’t wait to see you under the tent! Per Governor Baker, masks are required and sanitizer will be provided.
In- House Browsing Appointments – Monday through Thursday from 11:00 a.m. -2:00 p.m. Appointments begin on the hour and are for up to 45 minutes.
- ENTRY will be through the rear parking lot door, and EXIT through the Main Street entrance
- Please leave your returns in the drive-through Bookdrop
- All patrons must be masked, attest to the door entry questions and maintain 6-foot social distancing following our signage and floor decals
- Hand sanitizer is available inside the rear door and at the front exit
- 11:00AM – 11:45AM will be High-risk and Senior Hour
- Only 10 patrons at a time will be in the library, with patrons exiting and new appointments entering on the hour; click here and select a date under “Main Floor Browsing” to make your appointment [for contact tracing purposes only]via our Events Calendar.
- These appointments are for patrons aged 18 and up. Under 18 will be directed to make a Browsing Tent appointment.
- Only the middle floor of the Library will be open, with displays throughout for browsing – please JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER! as items handled but not checked out must be placed in quarantine
- Seating, stack areas, meeting rooms, study rooms, Youth Services, YA and Fine Arts, magazines & newspapers will be cordoned off
- We’ll bring the materials to YOU!
- Maintenance staff will disinfect high-touch areas and restrooms throughout the day
“Laptop Loan on the Lawn” : Need to check your email or do some research? Perhaps you just want to spend some time catching up with friends and family on social media. Now available, book up to thirty minutes on a laptop under a tent on our back lawn. Fill out the form and a member of our Information Services staff will contact you to schedule a time. This service will be available Monday – Friday from 10-4. We can’t wait to see you under the tent! Per Governor Baker, masks are required and sanitizer will be provided.
We are thrilled that this service is so popular! We are working as fast as we can to get your orders to you,
Patrons wearing masks, may return library materials in the rear drive-through Book Drop. Items will not be checked in right away. Returned items are quarantined on carts for one week before they will be checked in and removed from your account.