If we don’t have it, we will get it!
The J.V. Fletcher Library is one of 36 libraries in the Merrimack Valley Library Consortium (MVLC). All MVLC libraries exchange items every business day via a delivery service. Please remember that the number of requests for an item may affect the delivery time.
To request an item from an MVLC library:
- Connect to the Library Catalog – IPAC
- Search for the item. The catalog will search Westford’s holdings first. If we don’t have your item, click the link at the top of the results page to search all MVLC libraries.
- When you find your item, click the Place Hold button to the right of the item record.
- Enter your Library barcode and your PIN number (the last four digits of your phone number). The Library encourages everyone to customize his or her PIN.
- Click Place Hold(s). Your item will be sent to Westford. (If you want your item sent to a different MVLC library, select that library from the drop-down menu before placing the hold.)
Can’t find what you’re looking for?
We can also borrow items through the Commonwealth Catalog (ComCat). This catalog includes all Massachusetts public libraries and state colleges. Delivery time is usually up to two weeks.
To request an item from ComCat:
- Connect to ComCat
- Search for the item.
- When you find it, click on it, and then click the Request this Item button. When the pop-up box appears, click Submit. You will be notified when your item is ready for pickup.
Still can’t find your item?
We can also borrow items from local private colleges, and out of state libraries. The Library places these requests on your behalf. Just email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call Information Services at 978-399-2304.
Please try to supply the title, author, publisher, date, and specific edition if necessary.
If you have any questions, please call Information Services at 978-399-2304.