Mission & Goals: to be drafted together by members of the Young Adult Advisory Board and the YA Librarian.
• Suggest and implement aesthetic improvements to the YA Department
• Build a strong YA Community within the library
• Create volunteer opportunities to help the Westford community and beyond
• Advocate for the interests of teenage library users
• Plan and execute special events for teens along with the YA Librarian
Membership: Members of the Young Adult Advisory Board must be in Grade 6 through 12 and live in Westford.
Volunteer Hours: Active members of the Young Adult Advisory Board are eligible for signed community service hours.
CODE OF CONDUCT:
• The Young Adult Advisory Board will be a welcoming space for members of any ability, race, religion, national origin, gender, or sexuality.
• Discussions will be respectful, and attention will be given to each member who wishes to share their ideas.
• Criticism will be constructive, and debates will be solved democratically.
• Members will let the YA Librarian know ahead of time if they won’t be able to attend a meeting.
• Members will show respect for the library patrons, library staff and library spaces and will assist with set-up and space breakdown leave meeting spaces clean.
Approved by the J.V. Fletcher Library Trustees 12.5.22