Teachers in the Town of Westford School System are encouraged to contact the Youth Services Department (pre-school through middle-school) or the Information Services Department (high school) to arrange for deposit collections (for use in school) and special reserve collections (for use by students in the J. V. Fletcher Library). Teachers can apply for a special Teacher’s Library card at the Main Circulation Desk.
School teachers employed by the Westford Public School System, the Nashoba Valley Technical High School, Westford pre-schools, and Home Schools are provided additional library services in support of educational curriculum and assignments.
The teacher card entitles the holder to:
- Use of the J.V. Fletcher Library databases and eCollections
- Assistance from professional staff in the Youth and Adult Information Services Divisions
- Extended loan periods for Westford collections only
- Any teacher may request a tour of the library or a brief workshop on the use of library resources.
TO APPLY FOR THIS CARD
- Teachers must complete a yellow Teacher Card Application form available at the Main Circulation Desk. After the application form is signed by both the teacher and principal of the school or the Home school proprietor, the teacher may return with the card to the Main Circulation Desk where the registration will be completed.
- Items from other Merrimack Valley consortium libraries and Inter-Library loans are only available to Westford resident library cardholders.